I did not make myself clear last night. I NEVER leave a snake in the house once I sight it. Sunny, who has to follow me everywhere got to the door and gave a low growl, i grabbed her, put her out and shut the door. Just me and the snake now in the bathroom. (There are very few "snake dogs" I have ever met. My grandparents had a cocker on their ranch that was a natural born snake dog. She would grab one just behind the head and shake it silly. Didn't matter if it was a rattler coiled or one flat out. She would take us to it if close, or bring it if far. Poisonous snakes can still poison when dead as the venom remains in the fangs)
Sooooo, I remained still while I looked for how to get rid of it. Don't laugh, but it was death by toilet plunger.(Hey I was in the bath room....not alot of tools!) Smacked the rubber plunger to cover head, got wash cloth to grab it right behind said head, picked it up and dropped it in toilet. Well, flushing was not working because it was not dead. Sooooo, I took said rubber plunger and eventually managed to send it to the snakepit in the sky, then flushed.
What bothers me is where are it's bros and sis's?????? In talking to the county extension agency, they seemed to think after I described house, location, etc, they might have gotten in through wall. Folks at the local feed store agreed. This is an old house and many things were never up to code. (oh yeah, like the elec. wiring.....)
I know snakes are everywhere-(my son was found playing with pigmy rattlers on Mt Tam in Mill Valley, CA when he was 4...)
And I am usually ready outside, especially when living in the boonies. But honestly, this dang duplex is right on the expressway and it surprises me to see one inside.