Click on button for more info

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome Home Marvin! and the answer to the chew


Happy day before Thanksgiving everyone. Well, in the US, so to our friends not in the US, Happy Wednesday!
As for the guesses, we have a couple of y'all who were close, a couple were spot on. From the start to the nub of the bone was 7 minutes. Joe Stains guessed 7 minutes and he was right! From start to the end was 10 minutes. Dewy guessed 10 and Lorenza guessed 10. Lots of ya'll were close.
Mom still wants to know Pedigree's definition of "long lasting!"
We don't know how many of you knew Marvin, the hollow hound from Scotland before he stopped blogging last March. If you didn't you must go meet him now. Marvin and his human Jeannie live in Scotland. Marvin is an excellent poet and takes his handsome self all over the beautiful Scottish countryside.
When his folks go on vacation, they bring lovely pictures home for Marvin. They went to Spain last year and the pictures they brought home to Marvin were gorgeous.
What we are trying to say is if you don't already have Marvin in your list of friends to visit, you should do it now! http://returnofhollowhound.blogspot.com .
Marvin is funny.
Marvin is handsome.
Marvin is a fantastic poet.











Isn't he a gorgeous hunk of dog?! Love his scottish accent too.
Why Aire Ruby's very first flight was to Marvin's house in Scotland for his birthday!
And let us not forget educational.
Marvin & Jeannie very often have educational posts.
Like the one in which they answered the age old question,
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?


"

(Bet you don't know)
Marvin provided evidence..






















See?????? Where else would you find out such interesting and important facts?!?
An example of his poetry from comments yesterday:
"Especially and only for your Mum
My blog now has the picture of the Scotsman and his bum"

Really, you must go meet Marvin if you haven't already. And if you are like us and already know him, heee's baack!!
Welcome Back Marvin & Jeannie!!!!!
Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving
Sunny&Scooter &Jamie(the mom who better do some actual cooking. aacckk)

21 comments:

Abby said...

Hi, Sunny...

I am heading right over to meet Marvin...

Thanks,
Abby xxxooo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm so looking furward to fun with Marvin fur I didn't know him furst time around!

Wow - woo are some khwikhk chewer!

KHONGRATS!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Moco said...

Nothing seems to be long lasting any more. It is just a marketing ploy to get you to buy the product, but then again maybe 10 minutes is a long time for them.
We are so happy to have Marvin back. He and Jeannie are a joy.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh I am weak with blushing!!

Thank you so much.........

It is taking me a time to get round to replying to all the kind words about me, so I hope all will "bear" with me.

This was such a touching and lovely post, I am going outside to bark into the cold night sky!!

I hope my barks reach you across the inky black universe!

They should do, because I am so happy you to meet you and thank you so much for your lovely post.

Jeannie says to tell your Mama the following, although it is not in Bark language, so I have no idea, being a mere dog, what it can possibly mean.

However, I quote it here, what she said!

"HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA, AND EVEN MORE HUBBA!"

I hope and know we will be firm friends, even though I have not the foggiest what she is barking about.

Although we all know now about what is under the Scotsman's kilt!!

Och aye! The Noo.

Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and Hubba Hubba Jeannie xxxx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

We do not celebrate it here obviously, but Wednesday has been a good day, so I can raise a glass to that!

St Andrews day is coming up soon, in Scotland, but we don't celebrate that either!!

We need more howladays!

Marvin xxxxxx

Coco Bean - The Princess said...

well, that scottsman was defanitley regamental!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

just wanted to say, in reply to your very helpful comments just now, site meters were the worst thing ever when we blogged previously.

First of all, they are never very accurate, even the better ones.

Also, the very poor ones, register your own "hit" on your own blog, I could not understand why I had so many hits, then found out it was just me logging in and posting or faffing around, and my site meter was registering me!! LOL!

Then I got a better one, but, people I knew were being registered as from places way beyond where they lived.

And lastly but not least, I decided, I really did not want to know exactly who or where was looking in! As long as I was enjoying my blog, or should I say, Marvin was, all was fine.

So we are site meter free and happy, now. I can understand your frustration though, site meters are not good to be honest!

They only cause you stress!!

Thanks for being such good friends, we appreciate your comments and of course your new post, we feel very honoured!!

Hubba Hubba Hubba!!!!!!! In caps!

love and much light, Jeannie xxxxxxx

Love and many licks, Marvin xxxxxx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh my goodness! Do you supposed he knows his boo hinnie is all over the internet???

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Rambo said...

Sunny & Scooter,
We'll go over and say hi to Marvin too!
Happy Turkey Day.
love,
Rambo & MM

Lindsay said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your day tomorrow is full of love and all the good eatables that come along with the day!

(Sunny, I think you're getting the hang of flirting! I felt my face get a little red when you called me handsome!)

The Girl says to tell Jamie to email her if she still has questions!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends!
I am so happy Marvin and Jeannie are back!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Agatha and Archie said...

We too are THRILLED that Marvin is back!!!!! WE are so happy we are doing a jig!! and your scarf???tres elegant!! We like your beard but we like you without it as well!!!!!!! Love and kisses A+A

Peanut said...

We are so glad marvin is back

Noah the Airedale said...

We're thrilled to bits that Marvin and him mum are back in blogland.

Happy Thanksgiving maties.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Stanley said...

Hey, Sunny & Scooter!

Stella & I are finally back too, but our return is not nearly as exciting as MARVIN's!!! We missed our Scottish bud something awful, and now he's back!! We celebrate with you!

We apologize for not visiting much lately. Our girl is TOTALLY to blame for this, but a kick in a strategic place has got her back on the blogging trail for us! We've missed you so stinkin' much, and we're glad to see that Tanner has a twin now in Scooter.

As for the beard competition, ANYdog, not just Airedales, can enter. So Sunny, we want to se that beard, girl! Bring it ON!

Have a great Thanksgiving! We're thankful for friends like you.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Stanley said...

Hey, Scooter!

I just saw your post on October 21 where you talked about wanting to co-op my lovepup, Asta. Well, all I have to say is.... You have GREAT TASTE, man! And, I've told Asta that if she falls for some other pup, I want her to follow her heart. Happily, her heart has only gone to GooberStan to be with me. But, don't be getting any ideas, man. You HEAR me?

I think Petra's mama will eventually give in and let you date her... she's just being protective.

Goober love,
Stanley

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Happy Turkey Day.. Hope you have a wonderful one...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, everydog! We hope you get some of the BIG chicken!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

The Oceanside Animals said...

This reminds me of John Denver's song about the Scotsman winning "first prize" ...

Thor and Jack said...

So cool that Marvin is back :D

Love and licks
Thor

Joe Stains said...

Woo, I guessed right on!! I am not sure what long lasting to them means either, LOL. We are excited that Marvin is back too!